NEW CONSULTANT BONUSES AND FREE PRODUCT….
Placing your 1st Product order….
How to purchase?
What do others do?
You are now in business for yourself and one of your first choices is going to be what level of inventory you want to start with. As part of the Mary Kay family, you can rest assure that the knowledge shared with starting with inventory comes from years and years of success. What you decide is completely up to you however in order to make a decision that best suits your situation, knowledge is key and I hope you find this information helpful.
HOW to WORK SMART, Not HARD!
How to start your business and manage your money so that you always have plenty of merchandise on your shelf and lots of profit!
BENEFITS OF HAVING PRODUCT / INVENTORY ON HAND
1. Women’s cosmetic buying habits are – purchasing on the spot and taking it home.
2. The Customer Service Institute estimates that “It cost five times as much to get a new customer as it costs to service an existing one.” Have what they need to service them immediately.
3. You will sell more products if you display your entire product line. Your customers buy what they see.
4. You will book more second advanced color and supplement appointments.
5. You save time when you have no deliveries and time is money. You save gasoline too!
6. Customers will reorder after 30 days. You need product to be able to deliver the same day. Customers do not call a week in advance to reorder.
7. Delivering product two weeks after a customer orders is not considered convenient or good customer service. If you don’t have it, they will buy the product from the grocery store, drug store, or call another Mary Kay consultant.
Inventory Fears…We’ve All Had Them
Our First Fear – Borrowing Many bankers are more willing to make a loan to a stable woman, regardless of age, than a man, as they have a better repayment record. That usually means if we try to do something, we usually do it. Isn’t that the first thing we learn in Mary Kay from our Recruiter and Director, “You can do IT!” Remember, the Company offers the 90% buyback guarantee.
Our Second Fear – Interest Rates Is money too high? Should I wait? Should I only order a minimum amount? Do not let these things bother you. You are not borrowing that much and it’s only short term. Do you realize there is only a $35.00 difference between borrowing $3,600 for six months at 18% versus 14%? Did you realize that if you borrow $600.00 at 18% for six months versus borrowing 3,600 that is only about $95 more?
Our Third Fear – Can I pay it off? The average conservative sale is $200. That means you will make $100 profit at that appointment. Depending on how much time you take. Also, after 30 days your reorder business will kick in, and that’s another 50% profit. What does that mean? It adds up to this. If you only hold 3 appointments per week, you can pay your loan and have a profit too. More importantly, you have $3600 worth of product that you own, and it worth $7200.
Visit www.marykayintouch.com and select “Business Tools” to apply online today (must have your consultant number)! You can obtain instant approval, track all your business expenses since now almost all activities are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!! I can walk you through process and make sure you have everything available for immediate use if needed.
OTHER WAYS TO PURCHASE INVENTORY….
1. Conventional Bank Loan – your bank may provide a personal loan with minimum of $2,500
2. Traditional Credit Card – like the MK Rewards Visa
3. Life Insurance Loan – on average, very low rate of interest
4. Credit Union/Card Loan – low interest loans if you or your spouse belong to a credit union
5. Family Loan – don’t hesitate – many people want you to succeed, especially family members
6. Hidden Treasures – pawn, eBay, Craigs List an item you may not use anymore to change your life!
Business Plan, Inventory, Success
Remember you are NOT ALONE…We have all been here and can help you decide what is best for you.
It is very important to set a goal. We will outline a Business POWER Plan and set expectations that you, your spouse or your family can feel comfortable with.